At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is a relationship-focused investment and wealth management firm that consistently ranks #1 in Canada. We are proud of our collaborative, supportive culture that enables success at every level and equips us to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in Victoria is looking for a resourceful, efficient and collaborative individual to join our leading wealth management firm as an Associate with a successful Executive Council Team.
By providing ongoing, exceptional service and support to our clients and our Advisor team, you will help our team deepen existing relationships and welcome new clients to the firm.
As an invaluable internal and external point of contact, you will play a key role in maintaining client accounts, ensuring account administration and documentation remains up-to-date and compliant and working with an Investment Advisor in managing client portfolios and wealth management planning opportunities.
What will you do?
- Maintain existing client accounts and identify opportunities to contact clients. You will be responsible for managing timelines and key dates for accounts to help ensure clients feel supported by our team.
- Respond to client inquiries in an understanding and time-efficient manner (account transactions, requests, account documentation, account reporting, etc.).
- Tap into your superior problem resolution skills to provide proactive client service. Working collaboratively, you will at times liaise with various departments to provide smooth and timely solutions.
- Effectively manage incoming communications from clients, Advisors and other internal and external partners.
- Leverage your passion for planning to coordinate and prepare meetings for Advisors with their clients/prospects.
- Become well-versed in internal controls and industry regulatory requirements, ensuring client files and other necessary documentation is accurate, up-to-date and compliant.
- Assist the Advisor team in welcoming and onboarding new clients.
- Support the Advisor team and client through the Wealth Management process and maintain an audit of Wealth Management Activities and priorities.
What do you need to succeed?
- 1 year of experience in the securities industry
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH)
- Strong skills working with business applications/technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- High quality time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing world-class client service that will come across as professional, warm, and friendly to our clients
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of RBC Dominion Securities’ systems and procedures
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to think progressively to keep growing, and to work together to deliver trusted advice that can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other and collectively work hard to reach our potential, make a difference to our communities, and achieve success that is mutual. You will also benefit from:
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and have a lasting impact on the lives of others
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services