We are seeking to hire a General Site Carpenter to join our team at Mike Geric Construction Management Inc. The candidate will perform tasks involving physical labor at a construction site. The candidate will be working for the developer and assist all contracted trades. With the eagerness to move into a site superintendent position once experience is gained.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of reading construction plans
- All Construction Tool Experience
- Carpentry, finishing, framing and concrete forming experience.
- Jobsite preparation includes unloading materials and tools.
- Perform jobsite cleanup periodically to maintain a clean and safe jobsite.
- Perform all labor duties as required.
- Organize materials under the direction of the Construction Manager & Site Superintendent.
- Complete work in accordance with WCB standards of safety.
- Benefit if you possess OHA 1 or OHA 2
- Complete the project in accordance with the clients/project specifications as outlined in the work order while assuring highest quality standards are met.
- Take photos of the job progress as directed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and mentor laborers’.
- Home Warranty repairs knowledge
- Available to work from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (weekends during time pressures)
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Willing to work in various weather conditions.
- Team player with ability to work alongside site managers.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Always committed to safety.
- Experience required.