We are seeking a full time production manager at our gluten-free bakery. Origin Bakery has served Victoria since 2009, and our vision has been to provide a high quality of baking for the gluten-free community. We do this in a safe environment for celiacs, operating as a 100% gluten-free facility! We believe in being open with our customers and offering as much information and education as we can about all the great alternatives to wheat that we use in our products.
We are currently producing for online orders, but hope to be open for service again soon with an expanded menu.
The production manager will oversee production, quality control and inventory. This role makes sure kitchen production is run smoothly and in harmony with the needs of the bakery and its customers.
Some requirements for the job:
- comfortable with written and spoken English
- able to lift up to 25 kg without assistance
- minimum 3 year commercial cooking or baking experience
- minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- confident to lead a team and delegate
- able to maintain good rapport with suppliers and coworkers
- positive attitude, willingness to learn, strong problem-solving and multitasking skills
- has reliable transportation
- flexible with hours, especially during training; early shifts are 5am start
The staff at Origin value mutual respect, creative collaboration and attention to quality, and have fun together too! If you think you could be a fit, or would like to find out more, please contact us at our [email protected] address.
Extended benefits are available after the 3 month probation.
You will get a 30% staff discount on our delicious goods!
Please include your availability with your resume and cover letter.
To apply email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]