Knappett Projects Inc. has been a leader in Commercial, Civil and Industrial construction since 1983. We are accepting applications for Apprentice Carpenters, or experienced labourers, with valid OFA2 credentials to grow with us to complete our team in the Victoria area.
We employ a hands on approach to quality and safety and are COR™ (Certificate of Recognition Program) by the BC Construction Safety Alliance. We take pride in dealing fairly and honestly with Owners, Consultants and Contractors which promotes trust by all parties.
- Minimum: Valid OFA2 certification (valid past 2023 preferred)
- Apprentices are preferred.
- Have a basic to intermediate level of construction knowledge in terms practices and operation of tools in order to work safely and efficiently follow direction from the Site Foreman.
- Work safely and efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Physically fit.
- Strong work ethic and valued team member.
What’s in it for me?
- Top Wage Package
- Extended Medical and Dental Benefits
- 40 hour work week
- Overtime pay for weekends and evenings
- Employer RRSP Contribution
- Work opportunity with Signatory Contractors
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Holiday pay out on each cheque
- Professional Representation
- Lifeworks Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Training and Upgrading Courses
- Apprentice Sponsorship and Support (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement (if applicable)
- Monthly hours submission to ITA (if applicable)
- Tool Allowance
- Certification Bonus
*Qualifications, apprenticeship level, and experience will dictate starting hourly wage.*
If you are applying from out of town please specify that you have your own transportation, and accommodations to come to work in Victoria. Out of country must set up your own work permit and accommodations locally. This is not a fly in fly out position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $20.90-$30.40 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: