The primary focus of the Accountant role is to accurately and efficiently complete aspects of day-to-day accounting functionality that keep the business informed and moving forward. This position provides information to make critical business decisions. Success in the role will be measured by timely financial reporting including business analytics and bringing forward opportunities for improvement. This role is pivotal to the success of the Finance department and as such works closely with and is cross-trained to provide assistance and coverage for all Finance Team positions (Payroll, AP, AR & Assistant duties).
Monk Office provides:
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Counselling (RCC or Psychology)
- Massage, physiotherapy, naturopath and more!
- Discounted bus passes
- Discounted pricing on staff purchases at both Monk and Island Blue!
- Free back to school supplies for children of employees
- Career development opportunities
- Cash Employee Referral Program
- Environmentally conscious and community focused business practices
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment
What you will do:
- Provide assistance and coverage for all Finance Team positions (Payroll, AP, AR, Accounting Assistant)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial results, with analysis
- General ledger entries and reconciliations
- Accurate completion and delivery of financial information on a timely basis
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Preparation of tax remittances (GST, PST, EHT)
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets
- Communicate with the Monk Office team on accounting processing requirements, financial inquiries, and internal control requirements
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounting
- Duties and projects as required by Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or Sales
- Embrace and practice the Monk Office ECO initiatives and programs
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures
- Dress and conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner
- Attend and participate in company committees and meetings, including training programs, and product knowledge
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3rd level CPA student, CPA designation preferred
- Tech savvy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills (V-lookup, pivot tables, etc)
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of attention to detail, forward thinking and success
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Sage experience an asset
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible accounting roles
- Payroll experience preferred
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.